- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Sonar Kollektiv
Ame, je t'aime. Thanks for sticking to what you do best-electro-fied house deepness with more than a nod to Metro Area-and not following the current trend for albums to sound like eclectic DJ sets. Your deliberate builds, non-kitschy hand claps and subtle dashes of dub stylings are the stuff of early morning warehouse bliss, when only the dancers remain. Your murky mood on "Ojomo" may stall a bit, but the sexy chug of "Hydrolic Dog" and the restrained piano stabs on "Shiro" are tr»s magnifique. Two Germans with a French name, lovers of West End Records and Weather Report-whatever your contradictions, merci beaucoup for leaving them out of this stunningly straightforward album.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player