- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Sonar Kollektiv
Ame, je t'aime. Thanks for sticking to what you do best-electro-fied house deepness with more than a nod to Metro Area-and not following the current trend for albums to sound like eclectic DJ sets. Your deliberate builds, non-kitschy hand claps and subtle dashes of dub stylings are the stuff of early morning warehouse bliss, when only the dancers remain. Your murky mood on "Ojomo" may stall a bit, but the sexy chug of "Hydrolic Dog" and the restrained piano stabs on "Shiro" are tr»s magnifique. Two Germans with a French name, lovers of West End Records and Weather Report-whatever your contradictions, merci beaucoup for leaving them out of this stunningly straightforward album.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player