- Words: Peter Nicholson
- Label: Sonar Kollektiv
Ame, je t'aime. Thanks for sticking to what you do best-electro-fied house deepness with more than a nod to Metro Area-and not following the current trend for albums to sound like eclectic DJ sets. Your deliberate builds, non-kitschy hand claps and subtle dashes of dub stylings are the stuff of early morning warehouse bliss, when only the dancers remain. Your murky mood on "Ojomo" may stall a bit, but the sexy chug of "Hydrolic Dog" and the restrained piano stabs on "Shiro" are tr»s magnifique. Two Germans with a French name, lovers of West End Records and Weather Report-whatever your contradictions, merci beaucoup for leaving them out of this stunningly straightforward album.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player