Amon Tobin Foley Room
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Ninja Tune
Advancing far beyond his sound-manipulation past, Amon Tobin has created an experimental masterpiece of cinematic proportions. Foley Room (the space where sound effects are recorded for films) sequences source material (wasps buzzing, tigers roaring, chickpeas falling) and then distorts and manipulates it into epic piano-driven scores. Tobin's strength as a composer is best illustrated on the track "Straight Psyche," a drone-heavy Krautrocker that moves from arpeggio guitars through densely reverberated drums and into schizophrenic vocal whispers-all while keeping a loose groove that rekindles the trippiest moments of Can.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player