Amon Tobin Foley Room
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Ninja Tune
Advancing far beyond his sound-manipulation past, Amon Tobin has created an experimental masterpiece of cinematic proportions. Foley Room (the space where sound effects are recorded for films) sequences source material (wasps buzzing, tigers roaring, chickpeas falling) and then distorts and manipulates it into epic piano-driven scores. Tobin's strength as a composer is best illustrated on the track "Straight Psyche," a drone-heavy Krautrocker that moves from arpeggio guitars through densely reverberated drums and into schizophrenic vocal whispers-all while keeping a loose groove that rekindles the trippiest moments of Can.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player