Amusement Parks On Fire Amusement Parks On Fire
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Filter
Welcome to the new millennium‘s wall of sound. It may not carry the pioneering gravitas of My Bloody Valentine‘s hallmark album Loveless, but that‘s just because technology has gotten heavier in the last decade. In other words, Amusement Parks on Fire‘s debut effort is both a nod to the shoegaze metaverse of the past as well as a new century experiment in glossy noise rawk. That‘s why thunderous anthems like "Eighty-Eight" and its eight-minute counterpart "Wiper" bleed so heavily into each other, but still sound clean enough to eat. Sure, things slow down for dirges like "The Ramones Book" and "23 Jewels" but the roof is indeed on Fire, and all the gearheads are trapped underneath.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player