Ananda Project Night Blossom
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Nite Grooves–King Street
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
“Cascades of Colour,” a deep-as-indigo house track from nearly a decade ago, may be Ananda Project’s (a.k.a. Chris Brann’s) finest creation, but this two-disc collection of re-workings from 2007’s Fire Flower shines a warm new light on that album, Brann’s third. Most of the remixes will still be more at home on Ibiza-chill comps than among Om’s and Naked Music’s post-surf sprawl, but a diversity of rhythms and approaches from producers like Jay-J and Idjut Boys (with a nice take on “Moment Before Dreaming”) keep the groove from washing out. Still, the fully mixed Disc Two, touched by King Britt, Aquanote, and Kyoto Jazz Massive, is the more vibrant of the pair.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player