Andrew Weatherall Sci.Fi.Lo.Fi Volume 1: Andrew Weatherall
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: Soma
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Andrew Weatherall, the man who put half the hyphens into rock music, has decided to take ’em all out. Weatherall is the man responsible for putting house and rock together; for faxing post-punk back to itself with remixes of Primal Scream, New Order, and My Bloody Valentine. But, as proven by the past few Two Lone Swordsmen releases, Weatherall is obsessed with rock ’n’ roll in its original state. His kick-off for Soma’s Sci.Fi.Lo.Fi DJ-mix series, documenting top jocks’ favorite “organic” sounds, has every kind of “rock” you could ask for, sans hyphen–from Gene Vincent to The Fall, Killing Joke to the brilliant Pacific Northwest R&B unknowns Joe Boot & the Fabulous Winds.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player