Andrew Weatherall Sci.Fi.Lo.Fi Volume 1: Andrew Weatherall
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: Soma
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Andrew Weatherall, the man who put half the hyphens into rock music, has decided to take ’em all out. Weatherall is the man responsible for putting house and rock together; for faxing post-punk back to itself with remixes of Primal Scream, New Order, and My Bloody Valentine. But, as proven by the past few Two Lone Swordsmen releases, Weatherall is obsessed with rock ’n’ roll in its original state. His kick-off for Soma’s Sci.Fi.Lo.Fi DJ-mix series, documenting top jocks’ favorite “organic” sounds, has every kind of “rock” you could ask for, sans hyphen–from Gene Vincent to The Fall, Killing Joke to the brilliant Pacific Northwest R&B unknowns Joe Boot & the Fabulous Winds.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player