Andy Caldwell Universal Truth
- Words: Stacy Meyn
- Label: OM
Longtime OMie Andy Caldwell came up through beloved Bay Area electronic ensemble Soulstice to become an überproducer for Naked Music, Yoshitoshi, and his own Uno imprint, scoring a large danceteria hit with Kaskade's "Everything." Now he doles out heaping helpings of house with his debut artist album, and its potential monster single "Don‘t You Love Me." Pals appear, like fellow Soulstice singer Gina René, Afro-Mystik/Blackalicious alum Omega, Naked Music's Lisa Shaw and Amma, and Ultra's Latrice Barnett. Hooky basslines, sentient drum patterns, Caldwell's own live instrumentation, and smoove vocals butter up the eardrums, resulting in some of the yummiest S.F. house around.
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Readers Poll
- NewsWatch Mala Dig in John Peel's Record Collection
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Releases (15 - 1)
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Midland, Nina Kraviz, our Best of 2014, and More
- MP3Rihanna "What's My Name? (Federation Remix feat. Vybz Kartel)"
XLR8R Downloads Player