Andy Caldwell Universal Truth
- Words: Stacy Meyn
- Label: OM
Longtime OMie Andy Caldwell came up through beloved Bay Area electronic ensemble Soulstice to become an überproducer for Naked Music, Yoshitoshi, and his own Uno imprint, scoring a large danceteria hit with Kaskade's "Everything." Now he doles out heaping helpings of house with his debut artist album, and its potential monster single "Don‘t You Love Me." Pals appear, like fellow Soulstice singer Gina René, Afro-Mystik/Blackalicious alum Omega, Naked Music's Lisa Shaw and Amma, and Ultra's Latrice Barnett. Hooky basslines, sentient drum patterns, Caldwell's own live instrumentation, and smoove vocals butter up the eardrums, resulting in some of the yummiest S.F. house around.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player