Andy Stott Merciless
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Modern Love
Andy Stott's compositions boast a ghostly character. Over the course of his latest Modern Love offering, 10 sparse songs overflow with substance, but somehow make off like invisible apparitions-a huge accomplishment for a guy who tends toward melodramatic piano scapes and sinewy beat work. But it‘s all in Stott's touches, a loose approach that allows the music to breathe, assembling itself piecemeal out of a scrap heap of Kranky-ordained minimalist tricks, Detroit techno calling cards, and bump-in-the-night electronics.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsHear Dntel's Upcoming LP for Leaving/Stones Throw
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player