Angie Reed Presents The Best of Barbara Brockhaus
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: Chicks On Speed
Angie Reed's voice-a unique, high-pitched drawl resulting from American/Italian parentage and a Berlin base-immediately forces you to make a decision. No middle ground is on offer-you will either love it or hate it. And its omnipresence will prevent those left cold from enjoying an otherwise intriguing album. The Puppetmastaz-creators of one of hip-hop's most distinctive live shows-pop up on production duties. Characteristically, they refuse to play by the rules, preferring instead to switch emphasis from garage rock to Thomas Brinkmann-like techno with scant concern for the genre police. And Barbara Brockhaus, a fictional secretary prone to boredom-induced sexual fantasies, provides the lyrical content. No surprise, then, that Gonzales guests and Peaches proffers praise.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player