Animal Collective Feels
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: FatCat
Animal Collective act like children who fix their imaginations on one image, and then run back and forth into a trance to make it come alive. It's a sight that worries adults, but it lets those kids enjoy the damnedest of sensations. On Feels, the NYC band of psych-folk drifters concocts more stabs of ecstasy, meditation and delirium. There is the naked-in-the-streets holler of "Grass," the faded Polaroid synth lullaby "Loch Haven" and the Beach Boys serenade that arises from the dead to play with birds and rabbits in "Bees." An odd innocence and an uncanny pop element prevail-a cohesion of which was enough to attract Entertainment Weekly!
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player