Animal Collective Here Comes the Indian
- Words: Matt Eberhart
- Label: Paw Tracks
To balance the weight of technological artificiality on a single blade of grass is to achieve some great, transcendent understanding of modernity. And to gain this understanding is to unlock the mysticism of Animal Collective's latest album. Although seemingly noisy and covered with grime and grease, the tracks that appear on Here Comes the Indian originate in droning tones, tribal chants and the forest rock of the UK circa 1970. Buzzing, bubbling, sucking and squeaking, these jams do for the ears what a few mushroom caps will do for the eyes.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player