Animal Collective Here Comes the Indian
- Words: Matt Eberhart
- Label: Paw Tracks
To balance the weight of technological artificiality on a single blade of grass is to achieve some great, transcendent understanding of modernity. And to gain this understanding is to unlock the mysticism of Animal Collective's latest album. Although seemingly noisy and covered with grime and grease, the tracks that appear on Here Comes the Indian originate in droning tones, tribal chants and the forest rock of the UK circa 1970. Buzzing, bubbling, sucking and squeaking, these jams do for the ears what a few mushroom caps will do for the eyes.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
XLR8R Downloads Player