Animal Collective Here Comes the Indian
- Words: Matt Eberhart
- Label: Paw Tracks
To balance the weight of technological artificiality on a single blade of grass is to achieve some great, transcendent understanding of modernity. And to gain this understanding is to unlock the mysticism of Animal Collective's latest album. Although seemingly noisy and covered with grime and grease, the tracks that appear on Here Comes the Indian originate in droning tones, tribal chants and the forest rock of the UK circa 1970. Buzzing, bubbling, sucking and squeaking, these jams do for the ears what a few mushroom caps will do for the eyes.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player