- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Big Beat
Poised for the kind of global underground/overground stardom currently held by James Murphy and The DFA, Annie (Norway's answer to Kylie) has, with Anniemal, made the kind of record I suspect a lot of people have been waiting for. This is music that sounds infectious in a club and inspires dance sessions in one's bedroom. As if production courtesy of Röyksopp and Richard X isn‘t enough, a combination of effortless pop sensibilities (somewhere between Madonna, Tom Tom Club, and Björk) and smart, whimsical metaphorical license elevates Anniemal even higher.
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player