- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Big Beat
Poised for the kind of global underground/overground stardom currently held by James Murphy and The DFA, Annie (Norway's answer to Kylie) has, with Anniemal, made the kind of record I suspect a lot of people have been waiting for. This is music that sounds infectious in a club and inspires dance sessions in one's bedroom. As if production courtesy of Röyksopp and Richard X isn‘t enough, a combination of effortless pop sensibilities (somewhere between Madonna, Tom Tom Club, and Björk) and smart, whimsical metaphorical license elevates Anniemal even higher.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player