- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Big Beat
Poised for the kind of global underground/overground stardom currently held by James Murphy and The DFA, Annie (Norway's answer to Kylie) has, with Anniemal, made the kind of record I suspect a lot of people have been waiting for. This is music that sounds infectious in a club and inspires dance sessions in one's bedroom. As if production courtesy of Röyksopp and Richard X isn‘t enough, a combination of effortless pop sensibilities (somewhere between Madonna, Tom Tom Club, and Björk) and smart, whimsical metaphorical license elevates Anniemal even higher.
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player