- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Big Beat
Poised for the kind of global underground/overground stardom currently held by James Murphy and The DFA, Annie (Norway's answer to Kylie) has, with Anniemal, made the kind of record I suspect a lot of people have been waiting for. This is music that sounds infectious in a club and inspires dance sessions in one's bedroom. As if production courtesy of Röyksopp and Richard X isn‘t enough, a combination of effortless pop sensibilities (somewhere between Madonna, Tom Tom Club, and Björk) and smart, whimsical metaphorical license elevates Anniemal even higher.
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player