- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Big Beat
Poised for the kind of global underground/overground stardom currently held by James Murphy and The DFA, Annie (Norway's answer to Kylie) has, with Anniemal, made the kind of record I suspect a lot of people have been waiting for. This is music that sounds infectious in a club and inspires dance sessions in one's bedroom. As if production courtesy of Röyksopp and Richard X isn‘t enough, a combination of effortless pop sensibilities (somewhere between Madonna, Tom Tom Club, and Björk) and smart, whimsical metaphorical license elevates Anniemal even higher.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player