Anthony David The Red Clay Chronicles
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Brash
Alongside Anthony David, India.Arie sounds magnificent on the duet "Words," here on David's sophomore outing. But it's David's soulful guitar strumming, and his dusky, woodsy, R&B-inflected voice that prove to be the album's most striking features. Aside from up production on tasteful beats and proving his place as modern troubadour with penetrating lyrics, David's fervent slides on "Smoke One," and the funky "Sho Nuff" will make The Red Clay Chronicles as memorable as works by Donny Hathaway and Bill Withers, while "Everything Is Everything" has that intimate, lean-on-him sort of soul.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player