Anthony Hamilton Southern Comfort
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Merovingian
Charlotte, NC native Anthony Hamilton has never had an issue with wearing his influences-Marvin Gaye, Donny Hathaway, Bill Withers-like a badge of honor. Indeed, he is carrying the torch for that Southern, gospel-inflected, blues-derived sound. What his latest lacks in coherence (it's a collection of unreleased tracks spanning years), it more than makes up for in the luster of this troubadour's smoky voice and brilliant songwriting. You can't miss his call-out to Curtis on "Don't Say What You Won't Do," nor will the hook of "Glad U Called" leave your mind anytime soon.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player