Anthony Hamilton Southern Comfort
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Merovingian
Charlotte, NC native Anthony Hamilton has never had an issue with wearing his influences-Marvin Gaye, Donny Hathaway, Bill Withers-like a badge of honor. Indeed, he is carrying the torch for that Southern, gospel-inflected, blues-derived sound. What his latest lacks in coherence (it's a collection of unreleased tracks spanning years), it more than makes up for in the luster of this troubadour's smoky voice and brilliant songwriting. You can't miss his call-out to Curtis on "Don't Say What You Won't Do," nor will the hook of "Glad U Called" leave your mind anytime soon.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player