Anvil New Music for Virtuosos
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Fingerprint
Call it "yacht-hop," or "grooves to enjoy while staring at the Patrick Nagel lady paintings on your bedroom ceiling." Whatever it is, Andrew Cohn playfully makes indie-hop fodder with the schmaltz of Reagan-era soft rock and Playboy Channel jazz. Cheap thrills abound here: Tracks like "Blood Red Sea" resemble Michael McDonald gone Anticon while "Bun and Run" and "Third Coast Boogie" are fine Scarface-informed takes on disco. There's even a bit of leftfield abstraction on "Outside the Box." New Music is kitsch that is so unfashionable, it‘s bound to unleash a virus upon retrophiles of all sorts.
- NewsSBTRKT Announces Sophomore LP, Shares Teaser Video and New Track
- NewsHivern Discs Announces Pional Remix 12"; Download a John Talabot Remix Now
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- MP3Keaton Henson "Elevator Song (Ulrich Schnauss Remix)"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
XLR8R Downloads Player