Appliance Are You Earthed?
- Words: James Friedman
- Label: Mute
As rock and dance music continue to edge closer and closer together-at least in terms of production techniques-expect to hear more records like Are You Earthed? Fusing meandering post-rock compositions, tweaked electronics, and breathy processed vocals, Appliance are treading an increasingly trafficked musical path. Luckily, James Brooks, David Ireland and Michael Parker manage to evade many of the more self-indulgent trappings all this new-fangled technology facilitates. Instead they put the studio to good use, loosing psychedelic melodies to float off into an echoing space of pulsing beats and synth noise. Dancefloor fodder this isn't, but it's still compelling listening.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player