APSCI Thanks For Asking
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Quannum
While not nearly as revolutionary as you think they think they are (no more cookie-puss harmonizer, please), one has to admit APSCI has applied some science to their mix of electronic noise, hip-hop, and pop-and some of this is pretty experimental science at that. The duo indulges their sci-fi leanings by using Godzilla samples and other laboratory studio chemisty. And while radioactive amalgamations like this often end up as tragic novelties, there‘s something about this couple/band-Boogie Down Bronxian Rafael LaMotta and Down Under‘s Dana Diaz-that suggests they‘re the real deal.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsListen to Another Track from Flying Lotus' 'You're Dead!' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player