APSCI Thanks For Asking
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Quannum
While not nearly as revolutionary as you think they think they are (no more cookie-puss harmonizer, please), one has to admit APSCI has applied some science to their mix of electronic noise, hip-hop, and pop-and some of this is pretty experimental science at that. The duo indulges their sci-fi leanings by using Godzilla samples and other laboratory studio chemisty. And while radioactive amalgamations like this often end up as tragic novelties, there‘s something about this couple/band-Boogie Down Bronxian Rafael LaMotta and Down Under‘s Dana Diaz-that suggests they‘re the real deal.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player