Aquasky Vs. Masterblaster Stayfresh
- Words: Chris Muniz
- Label: Shadow Cryptic
Recording under their clever Aquasky vs. Masterblaster moniker, the boys from Bournemouth continue their nu-skool breaks takeover, linking up with Moving Shadow's newly minted imprint for their second full-length foray into the genre. Firmly set on destroying the dancefloor, the crew keeps things jumping with nasty gems like "Dominatrix," "Fairlite" and the four-on-the-floor shakedown, "Seville," which is sure to have the kids going buckwild. While Daddy Freddy and Ragga Twins provide lyrical assistance on the reggae-tinged "War" and "Dem No No We," the norm is hi-octane, sample-driven funk centered on fat breakbeats and even fatter basslines. It's best to warn the neighbors before you slot this one in the stereo.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player