Argy Focus On: Argy
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Poker Flat
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Greek-born, Berlin-based producer Argy emerged gradually across 2005 and 2007 as a purveyor of tranced-out deep house, speckled with tribal exuberance and tech detailing. Now Argy has compiled back-catalog highlights–interspersed them with exclusive originals, revamps, and collaborations (featuring Jerome Sydenham, The Mole, and Solomun, among others)–and established for himself an 11-track chorale of grooves. The result isn’t a heated conversation so much as animated dialog, a late-night incandescent exchange. Like a chilled bolt of cream hitting a fresh filtered cup of coffee, ringlets of polyphonic tone coagulate on top as nodes billow throughout, an inverse mushroom cloud of invigoration. Argy has brewed potent nuance.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player