Argy Focus On: Argy
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Poker Flat
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Greek-born, Berlin-based producer Argy emerged gradually across 2005 and 2007 as a purveyor of tranced-out deep house, speckled with tribal exuberance and tech detailing. Now Argy has compiled back-catalog highlights–interspersed them with exclusive originals, revamps, and collaborations (featuring Jerome Sydenham, The Mole, and Solomun, among others)–and established for himself an 11-track chorale of grooves. The result isn’t a heated conversation so much as animated dialog, a late-night incandescent exchange. Like a chilled bolt of cream hitting a fresh filtered cup of coffee, ringlets of polyphonic tone coagulate on top as nodes billow throughout, an inverse mushroom cloud of invigoration. Argy has brewed potent nuance.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player