- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Perlon
On his third album, the frizzy-haired Frenchman known as Ark runs a wire across minimal techno‘s long, glossy runway, and uses the resulting crash-bang collapse as the source for his delightfully messy beats. Ark‘s always drawn as much from hip-hop as techno, and here his cross-cutting chaos continues in the same vein, counterposing blocky piano samples with jittery drum programming and gum-on-the-sole basslines. Best of all, his anthemic "I like the way your booty shake" tune (a.k.a. "Sucubz") gets a reprise, and Jamie Lidell weighs in with some robot soul.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player