- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Perlon
On his third album, the frizzy-haired Frenchman known as Ark runs a wire across minimal techno‘s long, glossy runway, and uses the resulting crash-bang collapse as the source for his delightfully messy beats. Ark‘s always drawn as much from hip-hop as techno, and here his cross-cutting chaos continues in the same vein, counterposing blocky piano samples with jittery drum programming and gum-on-the-sole basslines. Best of all, his anthemic "I like the way your booty shake" tune (a.k.a. "Sucubz") gets a reprise, and Jamie Lidell weighs in with some robot soul.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player