- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Perlon
On his third album, the frizzy-haired Frenchman known as Ark runs a wire across minimal techno‘s long, glossy runway, and uses the resulting crash-bang collapse as the source for his delightfully messy beats. Ark‘s always drawn as much from hip-hop as techno, and here his cross-cutting chaos continues in the same vein, counterposing blocky piano samples with jittery drum programming and gum-on-the-sole basslines. Best of all, his anthemic "I like the way your booty shake" tune (a.k.a. "Sucubz") gets a reprise, and Jamie Lidell weighs in with some robot soul.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player