Arne Nordheim Dodeka
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Rune Grammofon
Now in his 70s, the uncompromising Arne Nordheim may be Norway's closest equivalent to Stockhausen. The 12 pieces collected in this beautifully packaged CD-standing out even among Kim Hiorthoy's typically beautiful design work-offer spacious musique concrete miniatures from the late '60s/early '70s. Defying the Norwegian trend of the time towards neo-folk classicism, Dodeka is strung through with an ambient spirit of hovering tintinabulation. In this, it comes closest to approximating a music box concerto of fluttering analog seagulls. Rarefied and beguiling.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player