Arne Nordheim Dodeka
- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Rune Grammofon
Now in his 70s, the uncompromising Arne Nordheim may be Norway's closest equivalent to Stockhausen. The 12 pieces collected in this beautifully packaged CD-standing out even among Kim Hiorthoy's typically beautiful design work-offer spacious musique concrete miniatures from the late '60s/early '70s. Defying the Norwegian trend of the time towards neo-folk classicism, Dodeka is strung through with an ambient spirit of hovering tintinabulation. In this, it comes closest to approximating a music box concerto of fluttering analog seagulls. Rarefied and beguiling.
- PodcastBasement Jaxx
- FeatureMiles Whittaker, Cabaret Voltaire, and the Venue That Stole the Spotlight: Berlin Atonal's Five Most Memorable Moments
- FeatureHi-Five: Optimo Shares Five of Its Favorite Scottish Jams
- NewsWatch "Ashiko," a New Video from Clap! Clap!
- MP3Elder Island "The Big Unknown (Ben La Desh Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player