Art Brut Bang Bang Rock and Roll
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Downtown
In this post-irony landscape, one would think that you could no longer get credit for deconstructing yourself. But judging from the inordinate amount of hype and ink spilled on Art Brut, that's simply not the case. Stacked with jagged, self-conscious tracks filled with snark and quirk, Bang Bang Rock and Roll plays like a poor man‘s Pink Flag, with Wire's angular rawk and sneering vocals but without their political insight. As party music goes, however, it's a slam dunk for the retro set. From the story of "Formed a Band" to the nostalgic love noise of "Emily Kane" and onward to the spoken-word thrasher "Modern Art," Art Brut is trying its hardest to not give a fuck while giving a fuck the entire time.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player