Art Brut It's a Bit Complicated
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Downtown
It's hard to consider Art Brut part of the outsider art movement they're named for, now that the British band's got a well-received first album under its belt and is onto a sophomore release. Sure, they could have made their art-punk more, well, complicated, but instead they've cranked their previous sound up to 11. Brash guitars, upbeat tempos, Eddie Argos' spoken-ish lyrics (usually about relationships, from the fun to the failed)–everything sounds shinier this time around. When it works, it's as impossible to hate as puppies, like the mixtape ode "Sound of Summer." But after a while there's a sense of sameness that dulls the impact of even the album's best songs.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player