Asobi Seksu Asobi Seksu
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Friendly Fire
First Dykehouse, now Asobi Seksu-is shoegazer back? God, we hope so. Asobi Seksu, a New York trio headed by misty damsel Yuki, gets the guitars growling like Slowdive on a good day and Sonic Youth on a better day on this self-titled album. Moods vary between disposable plastic pop ("I'm Happy But You Don't Like Me"), noise bantering with sunny vocal treatments ("Sooner") and dour introspective indie rock ("It's Too Late"). Yet this album, originally released in limited numbers two years ago, feels more like a whole than anything My Bloody Valentine or Lush ever released. Moptops will relish its "complexity."
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player