Asobi Seksu Asobi Seksu
- Words: Heath K. Hignight
- Label: Friendly Fire
First Dykehouse, now Asobi Seksu-is shoegazer back? God, we hope so. Asobi Seksu, a New York trio headed by misty damsel Yuki, gets the guitars growling like Slowdive on a good day and Sonic Youth on a better day on this self-titled album. Moods vary between disposable plastic pop ("I'm Happy But You Don't Like Me"), noise bantering with sunny vocal treatments ("Sooner") and dour introspective indie rock ("It's Too Late"). Yet this album, originally released in limited numbers two years ago, feels more like a whole than anything My Bloody Valentine or Lush ever released. Moptops will relish its "complexity."
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player