- Words: James Mayo
- Label: VP
On his full-length debut, Assassin knocks out the competition with his lyrical boomshots and rope-a-dope beats. Under the tutelage of Penthouse Studios owner/producer Donovan Germain, the 22-year old Jamaican has developed into one of the island‘s most promising dancehall artists. This lyrically gifted deejay brings a street reporter‘s eye for detail to tracks like the autobiographical "Gangsta City" and the MLK-inspired "Free at Last". He teams up with reggae legend Freddie McGregor to unite the generations in the soul-stirring "Youth Well Cold." From the confrontational "Step Pon Dem" to the radio-friendly "Let Me Know," featuring Chi-town‘s Syleena Johnson, Assassin demonstrates versatility, successfully walking the line between street credibility and commercial viability.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player