Atlas Sound Logos
Bradford Cox (a.k.a. Atlas Sound) may lead a rock band, Atlanta’s Deerhunter, but on his own, he commands altogether hazier and more fragile armies. Last year’s Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel was all loops, electro-static, and burbling reverb—Deerhunter stuffed into a microchip. Now with the folk-tinged Logos, Cox is finally letting some air into the room—along with some friends. Animal Collective’s Noah Lennox guests on “Walkabout,” Stereolab’s Laetitia Sadier coos over the swirling “Quick Canal,” and Sasha Vine of the Sian Alice Group even shows up to play some violin. And on the sunbathed “Shelia,” Cox manages something truly rare for even the most dedicated students of bedroom psychedelia: a genuine pop chorus.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player