Atlas Sound Logos
Bradford Cox (a.k.a. Atlas Sound) may lead a rock band, Atlanta’s Deerhunter, but on his own, he commands altogether hazier and more fragile armies. Last year’s Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel was all loops, electro-static, and burbling reverb—Deerhunter stuffed into a microchip. Now with the folk-tinged Logos, Cox is finally letting some air into the room—along with some friends. Animal Collective’s Noah Lennox guests on “Walkabout,” Stereolab’s Laetitia Sadier coos over the swirling “Quick Canal,” and Sasha Vine of the Sian Alice Group even shows up to play some violin. And on the sunbathed “Shelia,” Cox manages something truly rare for even the most dedicated students of bedroom psychedelia: a genuine pop chorus.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player