Atlas Sound Logos
Bradford Cox (a.k.a. Atlas Sound) may lead a rock band, Atlanta’s Deerhunter, but on his own, he commands altogether hazier and more fragile armies. Last year’s Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel was all loops, electro-static, and burbling reverb—Deerhunter stuffed into a microchip. Now with the folk-tinged Logos, Cox is finally letting some air into the room—along with some friends. Animal Collective’s Noah Lennox guests on “Walkabout,” Stereolab’s Laetitia Sadier coos over the swirling “Quick Canal,” and Sasha Vine of the Sian Alice Group even shows up to play some violin. And on the sunbathed “Shelia,” Cox manages something truly rare for even the most dedicated students of bedroom psychedelia: a genuine pop chorus.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player