Atlas Sound Logos
Bradford Cox (a.k.a. Atlas Sound) may lead a rock band, Atlanta’s Deerhunter, but on his own, he commands altogether hazier and more fragile armies. Last year’s Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See But Cannot Feel was all loops, electro-static, and burbling reverb—Deerhunter stuffed into a microchip. Now with the folk-tinged Logos, Cox is finally letting some air into the room—along with some friends. Animal Collective’s Noah Lennox guests on “Walkabout,” Stereolab’s Laetitia Sadier coos over the swirling “Quick Canal,” and Sasha Vine of the Sian Alice Group even shows up to play some violin. And on the sunbathed “Shelia,” Cox manages something truly rare for even the most dedicated students of bedroom psychedelia: a genuine pop chorus.
- NewsAudion Announces Upcoming 12" for Kompakt
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsTodd Terje's New "Delorean Dynamite" Video Looks to Sell an Actual Delorean; Watch It Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
XLR8R Downloads Player