Au Revoir Simone Still Night, Still Light
- Words: Jennifer Marston
- Label: Our Secret Record Company
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
2007’s The Bird of Music secured Heather D’Angelo, Erika Forster, and Annie Hart a solid place among the indie-pop elite, so the obvious question when listening to Still Night is whether or not the Brooklyn-based trio has further explored its signature sound’s potential or simply turned over The Bird, Part II. Refreshingly, the new album shows a considerable amount of growth. Keyboard melodies and ethereal vocals remain firmly at the center of each track, with the former unfolding more urgently, while the latter contains deeper, more cohesive harmonies held in place by an underlying lyrical theme of loss. Together, these elements form a conspicuous maturity for a promising band that’s still in the early stages of its career.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player