Augustus Pablo King David‘s Melody
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Shanachie
The late Augustus Pablo was not only a dub master-he was a multifaceted musician. As heard on King David‘s Melody, he utilized everything from the melodica to the xylophone to create an assortment of tranquil instrumentals that transport you to another time and place. From the moment that first note hits your speaker on songs like "Revelation Time," it becomes easy to forget about your worries and get carried away by the calming Caribbean melodies. Faulty mixing, wherein the volume varies considerably from track to track, often interrupts the tranquility. That aside, this album serves as a nice addition to Augustus‘ sizeable discography.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player