Augustus Pablo King David‘s Melody
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Shanachie
The late Augustus Pablo was not only a dub master-he was a multifaceted musician. As heard on King David‘s Melody, he utilized everything from the melodica to the xylophone to create an assortment of tranquil instrumentals that transport you to another time and place. From the moment that first note hits your speaker on songs like "Revelation Time," it becomes easy to forget about your worries and get carried away by the calming Caribbean melodies. Faulty mixing, wherein the volume varies considerably from track to track, often interrupts the tranquility. That aside, this album serves as a nice addition to Augustus‘ sizeable discography.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player