Aural Float Presents Space Night Volume IX
- Words: Tim Pratt
- Label: Electrolux
By the late 1990s, the terms "downtempo" and "chillout" became synonymous with flat, coffeehouse-friendly dreck peddled to the masses under such titles as Ibiza Beach, Pure Moods and related swill. Despite that, there is good chill music out there, evidenced by the ninth volume of the German Space Night series curated by Elektrolux artist Aural Float. The two-CD set has its share of obligatory filler tracks, but contains new works by veteran artists such as The Orb, the Black Dog and Funki Porcini as well as contributions from R?yksopp and Pascal FEOS. Heavy on vaporous atmospheres, lush synthetics and stargazing moods, it's good musical accompaniment for getting extremely high.
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsListen to Bodhi's New Single for Ten Thousand Yen
XLR8R Downloads Player