- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Warp
So here is Autechre Version 8.0. Rob Brown and Sean Booth further brandish their electro-funk roots, but mutate their beats into beasts which get shot down from trees, ear-tagged, and thrown in a zoo. Jumbled, broken-footed percussion is at the fore with textures as afterthoughts. The post-techno swordsmanship on the beats is quite deft, but very little is memorable. The lone exception is the taiko-like danse macabre of "Pro Radii," where phantom jazz melodies and hailing DSP noises intoxicate. Better luck next time.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player