- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Warp
So here is Autechre Version 8.0. Rob Brown and Sean Booth further brandish their electro-funk roots, but mutate their beats into beasts which get shot down from trees, ear-tagged, and thrown in a zoo. Jumbled, broken-footed percussion is at the fore with textures as afterthoughts. The post-techno swordsmanship on the beats is quite deft, but very little is memorable. The lone exception is the taiko-like danse macabre of "Pro Radii," where phantom jazz melodies and hailing DSP noises intoxicate. Better luck next time.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player