- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Warp
So here is Autechre Version 8.0. Rob Brown and Sean Booth further brandish their electro-funk roots, but mutate their beats into beasts which get shot down from trees, ear-tagged, and thrown in a zoo. Jumbled, broken-footed percussion is at the fore with textures as afterthoughts. The post-techno swordsmanship on the beats is quite deft, but very little is memorable. The lone exception is the taiko-like danse macabre of "Pro Radii," where phantom jazz melodies and hailing DSP noises intoxicate. Better luck next time.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player