- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: On
Slack indeed. Eight years after a stellar debut on Djax Up Bitch‘s DUB sub-label, Sander Borst‘s scant body of work resembles that of a dissipating cloud cover. A shame, as Autophonic‘s not-so-sanctimonious take on IDM-where clattering, tactile percussion nuzzles up to deliciously decayed snippets of jazz instrumentation and sinus-shattering bass-proves provocatively lasting in its visceral innovation. Luckily, this deftly curated compilation culls highlights from past releases and throws in five unreleased morsels. An essential selection, but the next record had better be called Workaholic.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player