- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: On
Slack indeed. Eight years after a stellar debut on Djax Up Bitch‘s DUB sub-label, Sander Borst‘s scant body of work resembles that of a dissipating cloud cover. A shame, as Autophonic‘s not-so-sanctimonious take on IDM-where clattering, tactile percussion nuzzles up to deliciously decayed snippets of jazz instrumentation and sinus-shattering bass-proves provocatively lasting in its visceral innovation. Luckily, this deftly curated compilation culls highlights from past releases and throws in five unreleased morsels. An essential selection, but the next record had better be called Workaholic.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player