Awesome Color Electric Aborigines
- Words: Scott Thill
- Label: Ecstatic Peace
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Long live rawk. This upstart trio brings the noise and riffage with aplomb, smashing your face to the glass of your time machine with a smile. Take-no-prisoners chargers like "Already Down" make you want to find a slam pit and hit it, while freak-out episodes like "Eyes of Light" might make Caustic Resin and Comets on Fire patent their guitar solos, to say nothing of Jimmy Page or Jimi Hendrix. They stumble a bit, ironically enough, on the trouble funk of "Step Up," but they catch themselves with the balanced assault of "Outside Tonight" and sludge of "Evil Rose." As a whole, the meat of Electric Aborigines is a rewarding feast for what's left of your ears.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player