Axiom Reconstructions & Vexations
- Words: Jesse Terry
- Label: Axiom
The latest offering from Bill Laswell's Axiom label offers a variety of mashed up reinterpretations of the two Tabla Beat Science albums and Radioaxiom: A Dub Translation. The approaches vary; Carl Craig and Midival Punditz latch on to Tabla Beat Science's natural uptempo, taking the hardline dancefloor approach, while 4Hero go the other direction into subharmonic Augustus Pablo-style dub. The final cut, Laswell's fantastic panthalastic drum & bass track, is the highlight of album. Like nearly all Laswell albums, there are very interesting moments, but they seem to come through most when the original tracks shine through their remixes. Why do androids dream of Peter Gabriel?
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player