Axiom Reconstructions & Vexations
- Words: Jesse Terry
- Label: Axiom
The latest offering from Bill Laswell's Axiom label offers a variety of mashed up reinterpretations of the two Tabla Beat Science albums and Radioaxiom: A Dub Translation. The approaches vary; Carl Craig and Midival Punditz latch on to Tabla Beat Science's natural uptempo, taking the hardline dancefloor approach, while 4Hero go the other direction into subharmonic Augustus Pablo-style dub. The final cut, Laswell's fantastic panthalastic drum & bass track, is the highlight of album. Like nearly all Laswell albums, there are very interesting moments, but they seem to come through most when the original tracks shine through their remixes. Why do androids dream of Peter Gabriel?
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsListen to Bodhi's New Single for Ten Thousand Yen
XLR8R Downloads Player