Azam Ali Elysium For The Brave
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Six Degrees
From her work in the duo Vas to the groundbreaking Persian electronic outfit Niyaz, Iranian vocalist Azam Ali somehow digs deeper with each effort. Singing predominantly in English, with occasional flourishes of Urdu and Farsi poetry, Ali beautifully combines organic rhythmic sections-King Crimson's Trey Gunn and Pat Mastellotto back her up-with producer Carmen Rizzo's masterful digital touch. Ali‘s voice shines atop Loga Ramin Torkian‘s brilliant lute playing on "Spring Arrives," and downright slays the ear on the haunting "The Tryst." Ali's timeless voice will ring down through the ages, and this is her finest hour.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player