Azam Ali Elysium For The Brave
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Six Degrees
From her work in the duo Vas to the groundbreaking Persian electronic outfit Niyaz, Iranian vocalist Azam Ali somehow digs deeper with each effort. Singing predominantly in English, with occasional flourishes of Urdu and Farsi poetry, Ali beautifully combines organic rhythmic sections-King Crimson's Trey Gunn and Pat Mastellotto back her up-with producer Carmen Rizzo's masterful digital touch. Ali‘s voice shines atop Loga Ramin Torkian‘s brilliant lute playing on "Spring Arrives," and downright slays the ear on the haunting "The Tryst." Ali's timeless voice will ring down through the ages, and this is her finest hour.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player