Azeem Craft Classic
- Words: James Mayo
- Label: Oaklyn
Released during Dubya's first year in office, when the King and his court began plotting their imperial designs, this once out-of-print record still sounds relevant with tracks like "Bush is a Gangsta." Originally limited to 3,000 copies, the Oakland-based MC has re-mastered his full-length debut (minus three tracks), featuring some of the Bay's best hip-hop producers. Azeem attacks a beat like E-40 on a bender at a poetry reading, and cuts like the self-identity-dissecting "Imma Rmx," with its stream-of-consciousness flow, should impress the Def Poetry crowd. Unfortunately, Azeem discarded the prose poem "God's Rolex," but tracks like "Rubber Glue," where he plays a wack rapper, should have fans fiending for a new record-hopefully to hit before Bush's impeachment proceedings begin.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player