B.Dolan The Failure
- Words: David Ma
- Label: Strange Famous
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
On The Failure B.Dolan–slam poet veteran and regular Sage Francis opener–yells, whispers, and raps over varying beats, samples, and noise on his dark-tinted, hard-to-categorize debut. Whether talking politics (“Young Americans”), flexing rap cadences (“Knock, Knock”), or fervently dishing dialogue (“Sky Cycle Blues”), Dolan does so with wit and vigor. The Failure does have disjointed moments (“Junk Poetry” and “The Scorpion Arrives”), but they reflect a non-linear approach that doesn’t pander to any genre, trend, or type of listener. Weird, heavy, and full of presence, The Failure, solidifies B. Dolan as a performer who can leave a mark solely with words and energy.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player