B. Fleischmann Welcome, Tourist!
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Morr
Well, hello yourself, gorgeous! B. Fleischmann's back with a two-CD set of unbelievably warm and perfectly blurred electronics. Welcome, Tourist! is full of signature Fleischmann melodies, circular and insular, but he's added other instruments that further round out the glow-witness the dignified piano beneath the shuffling static on "02/00" and his fingers sliding languidly off the guitar strings in "Guided By Beats." "Le Desir," a small shining lullaby, gently clicks its tongue as Charhizma label owner Christof Kurzmann's fragile voice lightly skims the surface; when he sings that "the day was almost shiny" on "Sleep," your heart crumples just a little bit. Welcome's a whisper that lingers long in the ear.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player