B. Fleischmann Welcome, Tourist!
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Morr
Well, hello yourself, gorgeous! B. Fleischmann's back with a two-CD set of unbelievably warm and perfectly blurred electronics. Welcome, Tourist! is full of signature Fleischmann melodies, circular and insular, but he's added other instruments that further round out the glow-witness the dignified piano beneath the shuffling static on "02/00" and his fingers sliding languidly off the guitar strings in "Guided By Beats." "Le Desir," a small shining lullaby, gently clicks its tongue as Charhizma label owner Christof Kurzmann's fragile voice lightly skims the surface; when he sings that "the day was almost shiny" on "Sleep," your heart crumples just a little bit. Welcome's a whisper that lingers long in the ear.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player