B. Fleischmann Welcome, Tourist!
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Morr
Well, hello yourself, gorgeous! B. Fleischmann's back with a two-CD set of unbelievably warm and perfectly blurred electronics. Welcome, Tourist! is full of signature Fleischmann melodies, circular and insular, but he's added other instruments that further round out the glow-witness the dignified piano beneath the shuffling static on "02/00" and his fingers sliding languidly off the guitar strings in "Guided By Beats." "Le Desir," a small shining lullaby, gently clicks its tongue as Charhizma label owner Christof Kurzmann's fragile voice lightly skims the surface; when he sings that "the day was almost shiny" on "Sleep," your heart crumples just a little bit. Welcome's a whisper that lingers long in the ear.
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Juan Ramos "The Mariner"
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player