B. Fleischmann Welcome, Tourist!
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Morr
Well, hello yourself, gorgeous! B. Fleischmann's back with a two-CD set of unbelievably warm and perfectly blurred electronics. Welcome, Tourist! is full of signature Fleischmann melodies, circular and insular, but he's added other instruments that further round out the glow-witness the dignified piano beneath the shuffling static on "02/00" and his fingers sliding languidly off the guitar strings in "Guided By Beats." "Le Desir," a small shining lullaby, gently clicks its tongue as Charhizma label owner Christof Kurzmann's fragile voice lightly skims the surface; when he sings that "the day was almost shiny" on "Sleep," your heart crumples just a little bit. Welcome's a whisper that lingers long in the ear.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player