Baby Blak Just Begun
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: Sound Ink
Philly rhyme fanatic Baby Blak more than holds his own in this tale of holding his head, and he does so over three very different mixes. King Honey‘s Early Mix is militant and accented with staccato stabs, while his LateMix evokes rap‘s earlier electro era and lets Blak‘s rhymes float over the track without losing any of their weight. The Scritchmix version takes it underground, quite literally; the blips and distortion make it sound as if there‘s pound of dirt lodged in the sampler.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player