Baby Blak Just Begun
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: Sound Ink
Philly rhyme fanatic Baby Blak more than holds his own in this tale of holding his head, and he does so over three very different mixes. King Honey‘s Early Mix is militant and accented with staccato stabs, while his LateMix evokes rap‘s earlier electro era and lets Blak‘s rhymes float over the track without losing any of their weight. The Scritchmix version takes it underground, quite literally; the blips and distortion make it sound as if there‘s pound of dirt lodged in the sampler.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player