Baby Blak Just Begun
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: Sound Ink
Philly rhyme fanatic Baby Blak more than holds his own in this tale of holding his head, and he does so over three very different mixes. King Honey‘s Early Mix is militant and accented with staccato stabs, while his LateMix evokes rap‘s earlier electro era and lets Blak‘s rhymes float over the track without losing any of their weight. The Scritchmix version takes it underground, quite literally; the blips and distortion make it sound as if there‘s pound of dirt lodged in the sampler.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player