Bad Company Egyptian
- Words: Jon Weldon
- Label: Greensleeves
Dancehall continues its Diwali-like trend away from stabbing two-beat jump up towards more fluid syncopation with the shuffling snake-charming sexiness of the Egyptian riddim, while Bad Company keeps it ruffneck via metallic two-beat stabs and wobbly, jittery horns. Accordingly, Egyptian's Arabic mood results in girl talk across the board, most visibly "Elephant Man's Egyptian Dance" and Sean Paul's "Get With It Girl," while Bad Company's minimalism begs a wider scope, going from Beenie Man's catchy "Row Like A Boat" to Buju's anti-violence "People & People" to Frisco Kids's militant alliteration. Both riddims are catchy and compelling, but Bad Company elicits the more inspired wordplay.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
XLR8R Downloads Player