Badd Inc. Luxury Excess Extravagance
- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: Mogul Electr
Being "camp" isn't nearly as easy as it looks, a lesson that electroclash don Larry Tee has seemingly yet to learn. On this hastily compiled disc, Tee and his merry band of Brooklynites plant the final nail in the coffin of nu-wave, a movement dead from an overdose of irony. While some in the scene have teased brilliance out of their chintzy synths and rigid grooveboxes, the Badd Inc. artists (including girl-group W.I.T.) can't muster a single memorable hook between them. This isn't funny anymore. It's just plain sad.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player