Badd Inc. Luxury Excess Extravagance
- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: Mogul Electr
Being "camp" isn't nearly as easy as it looks, a lesson that electroclash don Larry Tee has seemingly yet to learn. On this hastily compiled disc, Tee and his merry band of Brooklynites plant the final nail in the coffin of nu-wave, a movement dead from an overdose of irony. While some in the scene have teased brilliance out of their chintzy synths and rigid grooveboxes, the Badd Inc. artists (including girl-group W.I.T.) can't muster a single memorable hook between them. This isn't funny anymore. It's just plain sad.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player