Barbara Morgenstern + Robert Lippok Tesri
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Monika
In 2002 German producers Barbara Morgenstern (collaborator with Pole and Console) and Robert Lippok (of To Rococo Rot) cooperated for a Domino Records subsidiary; the 12-track Tesri is the result of continued sessions. The album is comprised of melodies constructed in miniature. Where the duo thinks big is in overlapping fragments of staccato electric piano, fluttery acoustic guitar, rounded analog pulse, and minimalist electro bob. "Sommer" (showcasing the most hushed, honeyed, and hovering of Morgenstern‘s qualities) and "Winter" are original collaboration holdovers, with everything else exclusive. Small melodies attracting big-time attention include "Please Wake Me Up For Meals," "Gammelpop," and the Spacek-like croon of "If The Day Remains Unspoken" (featuring Telefon Tel Aviv‘s Damon Aaron).
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player