Barbara Morgenstern + Robert Lippok Tesri
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Monika
In 2002 German producers Barbara Morgenstern (collaborator with Pole and Console) and Robert Lippok (of To Rococo Rot) cooperated for a Domino Records subsidiary; the 12-track Tesri is the result of continued sessions. The album is comprised of melodies constructed in miniature. Where the duo thinks big is in overlapping fragments of staccato electric piano, fluttery acoustic guitar, rounded analog pulse, and minimalist electro bob. "Sommer" (showcasing the most hushed, honeyed, and hovering of Morgenstern‘s qualities) and "Winter" are original collaboration holdovers, with everything else exclusive. Small melodies attracting big-time attention include "Please Wake Me Up For Meals," "Gammelpop," and the Spacek-like croon of "If The Day Remains Unspoken" (featuring Telefon Tel Aviv‘s Damon Aaron).
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player