Basic Soul Unit Oceans EP
- Words: Tomas
- Label: Left of the Dial
Carl Craig, Kirk Degiorgio, B-12, Stacey Pullen, and Kenny Larkin: these are the founding fathers of a particular style of ambient jazzy techno, the lush electronic sound of '92-'95. Toronto‘s BSU (whose previous singles were championed by Jazzanova and Chateau Flight) revisits this classic motif, blending waltzing keyboard solos with waves of Arp and string-pad chords. Unlike most monotonous techno, BSU's rhythms skip and skitter while traveling at bullet-train speeds. Back to the future indeed.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player