Basic Soul Unit Oceans EP
- Words: Tomas
- Label: Left of the Dial
Carl Craig, Kirk Degiorgio, B-12, Stacey Pullen, and Kenny Larkin: these are the founding fathers of a particular style of ambient jazzy techno, the lush electronic sound of '92-'95. Toronto‘s BSU (whose previous singles were championed by Jazzanova and Chateau Flight) revisits this classic motif, blending waltzing keyboard solos with waves of Arp and string-pad chords. Unlike most monotonous techno, BSU's rhythms skip and skitter while traveling at bullet-train speeds. Back to the future indeed.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player