Basic Soul Unit Oceans EP
- Words: Tomas
- Label: Left of the Dial
Carl Craig, Kirk Degiorgio, B-12, Stacey Pullen, and Kenny Larkin: these are the founding fathers of a particular style of ambient jazzy techno, the lush electronic sound of '92-'95. Toronto‘s BSU (whose previous singles were championed by Jazzanova and Chateau Flight) revisits this classic motif, blending waltzing keyboard solos with waves of Arp and string-pad chords. Unlike most monotonous techno, BSU's rhythms skip and skitter while traveling at bullet-train speeds. Back to the future indeed.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player