Bassnectar Underground Communication
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: OM
Bay Area DJ Lorin Ashton emerges again as his alter-ego Bassnectar, dropping 16 cuts destined for dancefloors. Throughout Underground Communication Ashton's production hand proves as trustworthy as his DJ skills. Hip-hop melts into breaks, chest-throbbing basslines pump the heart chakra, and synth-oriented cascades ebb and flow beautifully. The title track, featuring a rugged flow by Seasunz, sets the stage; a variety of slick-slinging wordsmiths keep things moving. The disc gets repetitive midway through but then he drops his stellar remix of Cheb i Sabbah and puts everything immediately back on track.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player