Bassnectar Underground Communication
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: OM
Bay Area DJ Lorin Ashton emerges again as his alter-ego Bassnectar, dropping 16 cuts destined for dancefloors. Throughout Underground Communication Ashton's production hand proves as trustworthy as his DJ skills. Hip-hop melts into breaks, chest-throbbing basslines pump the heart chakra, and synth-oriented cascades ebb and flow beautifully. The title track, featuring a rugged flow by Seasunz, sets the stage; a variety of slick-slinging wordsmiths keep things moving. The disc gets repetitive midway through but then he drops his stellar remix of Cheb i Sabbah and puts everything immediately back on track.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player