Beach House Beach House
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Carpark
Yo La Tengo can kick your ass, but Beach House, a Baltimore duo that creates gauzy and gentle soundscapes, wouldn't even put up a fight. Shuffling, bossa nova-like beats steadily punctuate their haze, a simple mixture of dreamy, escapist pop that's designed for wallowing. Singer Victoria Legrand sounds like an easy-going version of Maureen Tucker and exudes bittersweet romance, especially on "Master of None." Running at a grand total of 36 minutes, this album should be pressed onto an LP, if only because vinyl pops and hisses would compliment the sublime mood.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player