Beach House Beach House
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Carpark
Yo La Tengo can kick your ass, but Beach House, a Baltimore duo that creates gauzy and gentle soundscapes, wouldn't even put up a fight. Shuffling, bossa nova-like beats steadily punctuate their haze, a simple mixture of dreamy, escapist pop that's designed for wallowing. Singer Victoria Legrand sounds like an easy-going version of Maureen Tucker and exudes bittersweet romance, especially on "Master of None." Running at a grand total of 36 minutes, this album should be pressed onto an LP, if only because vinyl pops and hisses would compliment the sublime mood.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player