Beach House Beach House
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Carpark
Yo La Tengo can kick your ass, but Beach House, a Baltimore duo that creates gauzy and gentle soundscapes, wouldn't even put up a fight. Shuffling, bossa nova-like beats steadily punctuate their haze, a simple mixture of dreamy, escapist pop that's designed for wallowing. Singer Victoria Legrand sounds like an easy-going version of Maureen Tucker and exudes bittersweet romance, especially on "Master of None." Running at a grand total of 36 minutes, this album should be pressed onto an LP, if only because vinyl pops and hisses would compliment the sublime mood.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player