- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Compost
On a quest to produce an album entirely without samples, German duo Beanfield returned to the roots of soul by recording their third album the hard way-live. The medium fits these Beans well: their downtempo style is an elegant mish-mosh cut evenly with Latin, funk, soul, African rhythms and jazz (think horns a-plenty). Fans might recognize the throaty voice of Bajka (from their gorgeous track "Season") on Seek, as well as new-age references to age-old clich»s about life and spirituality. Despite ditching founding member Tobi Meggle, percussive tracks like "Cargo" remain quintessentially Beanfield: lovely, soothing melodies that keep pace with a steady, human pulse.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player