- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Compost
On a quest to produce an album entirely without samples, German duo Beanfield returned to the roots of soul by recording their third album the hard way-live. The medium fits these Beans well: their downtempo style is an elegant mish-mosh cut evenly with Latin, funk, soul, African rhythms and jazz (think horns a-plenty). Fans might recognize the throaty voice of Bajka (from their gorgeous track "Season") on Seek, as well as new-age references to age-old clich»s about life and spirituality. Despite ditching founding member Tobi Meggle, percussive tracks like "Cargo" remain quintessentially Beanfield: lovely, soothing melodies that keep pace with a steady, human pulse.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player