- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Compost
On a quest to produce an album entirely without samples, German duo Beanfield returned to the roots of soul by recording their third album the hard way-live. The medium fits these Beans well: their downtempo style is an elegant mish-mosh cut evenly with Latin, funk, soul, African rhythms and jazz (think horns a-plenty). Fans might recognize the throaty voice of Bajka (from their gorgeous track "Season") on Seek, as well as new-age references to age-old clich»s about life and spirituality. Despite ditching founding member Tobi Meggle, percussive tracks like "Cargo" remain quintessentially Beanfield: lovely, soothing melodies that keep pace with a steady, human pulse.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player