Beat Pharmacy Steadfast
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: DeepSpace
Brendon Moeller's third album as Beat Pharmacy solidifies his position as America's foremost techno-dub producer. His spacious sounds and panned echoes reverberate over a sparse framework of steady kick drums and pulsating, minimal bass tones. Fifteen years ago, his work might have been labeled "ambient dub"-a short-lived micro genre that gave birth to acts like Rockers Hi-Fi and Banco de Gaia. The difference on Steadfast is Moeller's inclusion of overtly Rasta vocals from Judah Fyah, and deep house touches on "Drifter" and "Moog Dub." Rain-soaked synths throughout add a balmy polish. Give this album a steadfast embrace.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsMelé Announces New EP, Streams Title Track
XLR8R Downloads Player