Beat Pharmacy Steadfast
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: DeepSpace
Brendon Moeller's third album as Beat Pharmacy solidifies his position as America's foremost techno-dub producer. His spacious sounds and panned echoes reverberate over a sparse framework of steady kick drums and pulsating, minimal bass tones. Fifteen years ago, his work might have been labeled "ambient dub"-a short-lived micro genre that gave birth to acts like Rockers Hi-Fi and Banco de Gaia. The difference on Steadfast is Moeller's inclusion of overtly Rasta vocals from Judah Fyah, and deep house touches on "Drifter" and "Moog Dub." Rain-soaked synths throughout add a balmy polish. Give this album a steadfast embrace.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player