Beat Pharmacy Steadfast
- Words: Tomas Palermo
- Label: DeepSpace
Brendon Moeller's third album as Beat Pharmacy solidifies his position as America's foremost techno-dub producer. His spacious sounds and panned echoes reverberate over a sparse framework of steady kick drums and pulsating, minimal bass tones. Fifteen years ago, his work might have been labeled "ambient dub"-a short-lived micro genre that gave birth to acts like Rockers Hi-Fi and Banco de Gaia. The difference on Steadfast is Moeller's inclusion of overtly Rasta vocals from Judah Fyah, and deep house touches on "Drifter" and "Moog Dub." Rain-soaked synths throughout add a balmy polish. Give this album a steadfast embrace.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player