Beatfanatic The Gospel According to Beatfanatic
- Words: David Ma
- Label: Soundscape
Championed by Soundscape Records this time, Beatfanatic again flexes his fusion of breaks, disco, and Afro-Cuban rhythms. Yet unlike his work on the Raw Fusion label, this project seems uninspired and gets real old, real fast. Tracks like "Boom Bangin‘," "Let Us Pray," and "Holdin‘ Out" begin with bland drums-monotonous 10 seconds in, and dreadful by the two-minute mark. Some songs-like "African Love" and "Pete‘s Funk"-are indeed colorful, but don‘t make The Gospel worthwhile. Though this project is being touted as a summer party album, you‘re better off saving your money for the refreshments.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player