Beeda Weeda Turfology 101
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: PTB
The rules of turfology are simple: grind until you die, don't snitch, and "keep your mind on your money and your ear to the street," as Beeda Weeda imparts on "Like Me." The East Oakland rapper walks the pimp walk and talks the turf talk, and the beats all slap like Max Julien on PCP, even if Beeda's undistinguished flow falls a notch below super-hyphy. Highlights include "Turf's Up" and "Rippa Slippas," which explains how Weeda likes to clothe his hoes in chinchilla. Nothing you‘d play within grandma's earshot, but if you're swangin' the scraper, you already know what it is.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player