Beeda Weeda Turfology 101
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: PTB
The rules of turfology are simple: grind until you die, don't snitch, and "keep your mind on your money and your ear to the street," as Beeda Weeda imparts on "Like Me." The East Oakland rapper walks the pimp walk and talks the turf talk, and the beats all slap like Max Julien on PCP, even if Beeda's undistinguished flow falls a notch below super-hyphy. Highlights include "Turf's Up" and "Rippa Slippas," which explains how Weeda likes to clothe his hoes in chinchilla. Nothing you‘d play within grandma's earshot, but if you're swangin' the scraper, you already know what it is.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player