Beeda Weeda Turfology 101
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: PTB
The rules of turfology are simple: grind until you die, don't snitch, and "keep your mind on your money and your ear to the street," as Beeda Weeda imparts on "Like Me." The East Oakland rapper walks the pimp walk and talks the turf talk, and the beats all slap like Max Julien on PCP, even if Beeda's undistinguished flow falls a notch below super-hyphy. Highlights include "Turf's Up" and "Rippa Slippas," which explains how Weeda likes to clothe his hoes in chinchilla. Nothing you‘d play within grandma's earshot, but if you're swangin' the scraper, you already know what it is.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player