Beeda Weeda Turfology 101
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: PTB
The rules of turfology are simple: grind until you die, don't snitch, and "keep your mind on your money and your ear to the street," as Beeda Weeda imparts on "Like Me." The East Oakland rapper walks the pimp walk and talks the turf talk, and the beats all slap like Max Julien on PCP, even if Beeda's undistinguished flow falls a notch below super-hyphy. Highlights include "Turf's Up" and "Rippa Slippas," which explains how Weeda likes to clothe his hoes in chinchilla. Nothing you‘d play within grandma's earshot, but if you're swangin' the scraper, you already know what it is.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsStream "Fifty Fathoms" from Marquis Hawkes' Upcoming EP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player