Beeda Weeda Turfology 101
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: PTB
The rules of turfology are simple: grind until you die, don't snitch, and "keep your mind on your money and your ear to the street," as Beeda Weeda imparts on "Like Me." The East Oakland rapper walks the pimp walk and talks the turf talk, and the beats all slap like Max Julien on PCP, even if Beeda's undistinguished flow falls a notch below super-hyphy. Highlights include "Turf's Up" and "Rippa Slippas," which explains how Weeda likes to clothe his hoes in chinchilla. Nothing you‘d play within grandma's earshot, but if you're swangin' the scraper, you already know what it is.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player