Beenie Man Undisputed
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Virgin
Like many dancehall albums, Beenie Man's Undisputed tries too hard to please everyone. There's the Akon-aided pop/R&B crossover of "Girls," Scott Storch's hip-hop production on "Dutty Wine Girl," and a reggaeton track entitled "Fire." It‘s over dancehall riddims, however, that Beenie Man shines, and deviations from this formula serve only to clog his product with distracting, unnecessary filler. The clever self-editing of "Hmm Hmm" makes for a great lead single but other than "Heart Attack" (on the splendid Global riddim) and the new wave-y "Beenie Man," there's little substance to make this release stand out among countless others.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player