Beenie Man Undisputed
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Virgin
Like many dancehall albums, Beenie Man's Undisputed tries too hard to please everyone. There's the Akon-aided pop/R&B crossover of "Girls," Scott Storch's hip-hop production on "Dutty Wine Girl," and a reggaeton track entitled "Fire." It‘s over dancehall riddims, however, that Beenie Man shines, and deviations from this formula serve only to clog his product with distracting, unnecessary filler. The clever self-editing of "Hmm Hmm" makes for a great lead single but other than "Heart Attack" (on the splendid Global riddim) and the new wave-y "Beenie Man," there's little substance to make this release stand out among countless others.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player