Beenie Man Undisputed
- Words: Jesse Serwer
- Label: Virgin
Like many dancehall albums, Beenie Man's Undisputed tries too hard to please everyone. There's the Akon-aided pop/R&B crossover of "Girls," Scott Storch's hip-hop production on "Dutty Wine Girl," and a reggaeton track entitled "Fire." It‘s over dancehall riddims, however, that Beenie Man shines, and deviations from this formula serve only to clog his product with distracting, unnecessary filler. The clever self-editing of "Hmm Hmm" makes for a great lead single but other than "Heart Attack" (on the splendid Global riddim) and the new wave-y "Beenie Man," there's little substance to make this release stand out among countless others.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player