Bell Seven Types Of Six
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Soul Jazz
Slog through the first track on this album to get to the dark, spare core of electro-funk at the heart of Bell's second album. Produced to hell, then produced a bit more, the combination of fat bass, driving techno beats, twisted occasional vocals and breaks is the soundtrack to a robot orgy, complete with heavy breathing (as on "Mode 3," which features the synthesizer-heavy sound that marks most of the album). Other standouts include the '80s arcade-esque "Daylight Burn" and "Black Helicopters," with its Ewok-on-acid vocals.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player